A vegan diet is healthy and simple. If a slim waistline, lots of energy, and a reduced risk of heart disease, diabetes and cancer have you wondering if a vegan diet is for you, find all your answers here. Source: http://www.peta.org
Research continues on the vast health benefits of resveratrol, found in purple or red grapes. Here are some of the amazing healing benefits of resveratrol:
Power Up Your Weight Loss: Exciting research led by MaryAnne DellaFera, PhD at the University of Georgia found that resveratrol (particularly when combined with soy isoflavones) works on the body in two ways to significantly assist with weight loss efforts: 1) it dramatically reduces cells’ ability to store fat by about 130 percent; and 2) causes fat cells to disintegrate at a rate 246 percent higher than normal.
Protect Your Heart: In research, resveratrol demonstrated the ability to improve the dilation of blood vessels, which may allow blood to flow more easily through blood vessels. It has also been shown to relax the walls of the blood vessels, making their diameter larger, thereby lowering blood pressure, and allowing a higher volume of blood to flow through all areas of the body, delivering increased oxygen and nutrients to the body’s cells. Another study found that just 10 mg of supplementary resveratrol resulted in a dramatic reduction in heart-attack risk factors.
Mop Up Brain Damaging Plaques: Studies at the University of Switzerland proved resveratrol’s brain-protecting ability. They found that resveratrol mopped up brain-damaging plaques and free radicals, which have been linked to Alzheimer’s disease. So powerful is this important nutrient that it has even been referred to as “Reverse-it-all” by many health practitioners.
In a British study, students given resveratrol increased blood flow to their brains by 200 percent. Scientists believe resveratrol can help speed our mental responses.
Improve Brain Power: In a British study, students given resveratrol increased blood flow to their brains by 200 percent. Scientists believe resveratrol can help speed our mental responses. (more…)
1. It saves you money on electricity/gas since you only use your own kinetic energy (muscles) and the power of the sun and wind.
2. It is gentler on your clothing. Where do you think lint comes from? Lint is clothing fibers that have come off from a combination of heat and friction.
3. The clothes come out cleaner. I know you probably won’t believe me until you try it yourself; but my whites are whiter, and stains are less noticeable (probably a mixture of the sun and being able to see which clothes need a little extra attention).
4. You don’t need as much laundry detergent or water.
5. Laundry detergent is more effectively rinsed out – I use to line dry after using the washing machine, with the same homemade powdered laundry detergent, and they dried harder than when hand washing, due to soap residue. With washing clothes by hand I can tell when the rinse water is running clear, making sure the majority of detergent has been removed.
6. No need for ironing!!! Since line drying I haven’t had a problem with wrinkles, and washing clothes by hand allows me to make sure clothes are hung to dry as soon as they are clean.
7. You don’t need to buy as many clothes; you only need 3 pairs if you wash every other day. I know, you are shocked a woman is saying this, but trust me, I love to shop just as much as the next person, but I love spending my money on higher priorities like paying bills, eating at a gourmet restaurant, buying organic food, and taking a vacation. Try satisfying your shopping addiction with window shopping (don’t bring the cards, cash, or checkbook), filling your clothing board on pinterest, or creating new outfits out of the clothes you already own.
8. You get a quick arm workout.
9. The sun’s solar rays a natural sanitizer.
By Krista Davis, Cleaning Out the Clutter
Photo source: One good thing by Jillee